Number of players: 2 to 4
*While a pickle ball game is in play, maximum number of people in The Pickle, should be kept to 12.
- Both team members on the serving team should be behind the back line when serving.
- The ball is served diagonally (starting with the right hand service square for the first time and then alternating between right and left until a fault).
- The ball should be hit into the air without being bounced on a serve.
- A serve must cross the non-volley zone and line and land in the diagonal service court.
- A serve must be done underhand with the paddle below the waist.
- If a serve hits the net and lands in the proper service court then the serve may be taken over.
- When 4 members play, both members of each team will serve and fault before the ball is turned over to the opposing team.
- When the receiving team wins the serve after the second server’s fault, the player in the right hand court will start the serve. The only time the same team members change between left and right sides is when a point is scored.
- The receiving member in the receiving service square starts behind the back line while the other member is lined up behind the non volley zone.
- The receiving team must first let the serve bounce and the serving team must let the return of the serve bounce before playing it. Once these two bounces have occurred, the ball can either be volleyed or played off of the bounce.
- When the ball hits out of bounds
- When the ball does not clear the net
- When a player steps over the non volley zone
- When the ball touches any part of the non-volley zone on the serve
- When the ball is volleyed before a bounce has occurred on each side
- Players on each side must let the ball bounce on the first plays after the serve before volleys are allowed without bounces.
- There is a non-volley zone on each side of the net where the ball may bounce but team members cannot play within it or even touch the line. This is to prevent “spiking”.
- Points can only be scored by the side that serves.
- Points are not scored when a fault is made but the serve remains on the same team’s side.
- The first side scoring eleven points and leading by at least two points wins.
205 West 2nd Street, PO Box 197
Minneapolis, Kansas 67467